Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recording TV
Thanks for all the help. One of the main problems I had was I thought I had to have it running on my laptop and with that answer I checked ip address on KODIs next pvr addon and I had the wrong ip address. So npow all is working fine and I was able to combine both my ota channels from hdhomerun tuner with the iptv. Thanks again.
(03-17-2018, 07:02 PM)rosario04 Wrote: Thanks for all the help. One of the main problems I had was I thought I had to have it running on my laptop and with that answer I checked ip address on KODIs next pvr addon and I had the wrong ip address. So npow all is working fine and I was able to combine both my ota channels from hdhomerun tuner with the iptv. Thanks again.

Great!  Glad it's working.

My only frustrations are that:
1) for the past few weeks, the Vader Streams service has been unstable with unpredictable downtimes for short periods most days, sometimes causing my recordings of desired shows to fail, and
2) the EPG only ever seems to be loaded for 1-2 days in advance.  Right now it is loaded through 5pm Pacific on Sunday.

But, technically, I'm very impressed with the way Vaders, NextPVR and Kodi work hand in glove, when the Vader Streams are actually running.  I don't watch much TV live - usually only an odd baseball game in the summer or football in the fall, plus, OF COURSE, Stuart Varney on Fox Business in the mornings!  Nearly everything else we watch is pre-recorded, and this set-up is working nicely to fill the gaps that Hulu and other services don't cover.  I also like having US and UK pre-recorded material all grouped together in the same place - very nice!