Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buffering Issue
We can all agree that this buffering issue is getting out of control. Its becoming an everyday thing so I hope vader guys have solutions to solve this problem
(03-14-2018, 07:34 PM)Penworthy Wrote:
(03-14-2018, 02:19 AM)llnssozi Wrote: We can all agree that this buffering issue is getting out of control. Its becoming an everyday thing so I hope vader guys have solutions to solve this problem

It IS ridiculous, and it's not just the buffering. On any given day I can't even get Vader to connect.   I'm taking my business elsewhere.  I've signed up for a free trial of SET TV and am also considering Area 51.
I don't blame you bro, I signed up for 3 months, there's a possibility that I may not renew if this don't get fixed. I think these guys have taken on more than they can handle, so their servers are overloaded. I have SET, but I signed up here because the picture is 97% HD, SET is about 90% HD, which most folks wont tell the difference.
I too am having all the same problems that are being posted here in the last few days and then some. I sent this to my Vader re-seller and to Vader directly and haven't heard back from either one. So i will put it here and see if any of you are having the same  issues. This was about 10 days ago. . . .

p { margin-bottom: 0.1in; line-height: 120%; }a:link { }
Vader Stream Problems:
Circa March 5, 2018

I am running Libreelec on 5 Raspberry Pi’s 3, my own build on Aeon Nox for Kodi. They were all on OSMC before Libre and the same events were taking place. During these Vader crashes everything else on the build works just fine. Sometimes a Vader crash will cause Kodi to crash entirely. This then requires a power restart. If when Vader crashes/freezes, you terminate the addon quickly enough, you can avoid needing to do a complete restart. For the record the build that I created has been a tried and true build. I have developed it over the past year, mostly slimming it down. It is not bloated and polluted with tons of addons that are unstable or fickle.

1. Constant Vader crashes. Requiring reboot of Kodi to get Vader to work again.

2. Frequent Vader Error message during reboot

3. Poor stream quality when playing channels from Guide (stuttering, freezing and digitizing). However same channel can be selected from raw list (ie. from the Live Tv list in Vader/ USA, UK, CANADA etc.) and said channel will play fine. Just not from the Guide. Does not happen on every channel, but at least on half if not more of them.

4. In addition to my experience, I have 3 other users for whom I have set up Kodi who are having the same problems. Each of us are on our own home network, and each has their own VaderStreams acct.. Some of theirs are on Pi 3’s and also old desktop computers. Regardless of the device the problems persist for all of us.

5. In an attempt to pinpoint the prob, if it is at my end, I did this:
a. On a work computer I did a fresh install of Kodi 17.6 and kept the Estuary skin (stock)on the chance that the skin I use might have some hiccup/glitch in it that could be causing the problem))
b. Installed Vader Streams only, so as to eliminate the chance that some other addon is in conflict with Vader. Installing Vader was a challenge in and of itself, the two repo links I found didn’t work at all (http://repo.vaders.tv/repo and http://vaders.tv/repo), finally I found a link directly to the zip, that one installed but still I have nothing but errors so far, can’t even launch.
c. Immediately got a Vaders Error and Tv Guide Error

I know that this is a long posting, but I wanted to provide you with all the info you might need to explore these issues and make all things right with my world again. All of this has been happening for about 1 month. Before that the service was pretty reliable (aside from the Tv Guide ( which we all realize is still in beta)).

I hope this helps others who may read it, to know that they are not the only ones running into these issues and helps Vader Streams to figure them out.
(03-14-2018, 11:20 PM)mcr Wrote: I too am having all the same problems that are being posted here in the last few days and then some. I sent this to my Vader re-seller and to Vader directly and haven't heard back from either one. So i will put it here and see if any of you are having the same  issues. This was about 10 days ago. . . .

p { margin-bottom: 0.1in; line-height: 120%; }a:link { }
Vader Stream Problems:
Circa March 5, 2018

I am running Libreelec on 5 Raspberry Pi’s 3, my own build on Aeon Nox for Kodi. They were all on OSMC before Libre and the same events were taking place. During these Vader crashes everything else on the build works just fine. Sometimes a Vader crash will cause Kodi to crash entirely. This then requires a power restart. If when Vader crashes/freezes, you terminate the addon quickly enough, you can avoid needing to do a complete restart. For the record the build that I created has been a tried and true build. I have developed it over the past year, mostly slimming it down. It is not bloated and polluted with tons of addons that are unstable or fickle.

1. Constant Vader crashes. Requiring reboot of Kodi to get Vader to work again.

2. Frequent Vader Error message during reboot

3. Poor stream quality when playing channels from Guide (stuttering, freezing and digitizing). However same channel can be selected from raw list (ie. from the Live Tv list in Vader/ USA, UK, CANADA etc.) and said channel will play fine. Just not from the Guide. Does not happen on every channel, but at least on half if not more of them.

4. In addition to my experience, I have 3 other users for whom I have set up Kodi who are having the same problems. Each of us are on our own home network, and each has their own VaderStreams acct.. Some of theirs are on Pi 3’s and also old desktop computers. Regardless of the device the problems persist for all of us.

5. In an attempt to pinpoint the prob, if it is at my end, I did this:
a. On a work computer I did a fresh install of Kodi 17.6 and kept the Estuary skin (stock)on the chance that the skin I use might have some hiccup/glitch in it that could be causing the problem))
b. Installed Vader Streams only, so as to eliminate the chance that some other addon is in conflict with Vader. Installing Vader was a challenge in and of itself, the two repo links I found didn’t work at all (http://repo.vaders.tv/repo and http://vaders.tv/repo), finally I found a link directly to the zip, that one installed but still I have nothing but errors so far, can’t even launch.
c. Immediately got a Vaders Error and Tv Guide Error

I know that this is a long posting, but I wanted to provide you with all the info you might need to explore these issues and make all things right with my world again. All of this has been happening for about 1 month. Before that the service was pretty reliable (aside from the Tv Guide ( which we all realize is still in beta)).

I hope this helps others who may read it, to know that they are not the only ones running into these issues and helps Vader Streams to figure them out.
Communication with vaders is not the best trust me. But my advise to you, stay away from using Kodi for Live tv streaming, you're not going to get full HD experience! If you have an android box, load up Perfect Player, its the best out there or Vaders APK, it has issues but better than Kodi
Perfect player is aweful. The menu system comes nowhere near the convenience of using Kodi. The APK is quick and really good for match center, but for general browzing you cant beat the PVR in Kodi. All the channels are listed in one page , unlike perfect player and the APK you have to keep switching from folder to folder