Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK Streams Stuttering
All day Thursday 3rd, I have had problems with the main UK channels (BBC1 HD, ITV1 HD, etc.) 'stuttering' when accessing via NextPVR using my m3u file.  Programs on those channels I have tried to record have ended prematurely after anything from a few seconds to about 2 minutes.  However, when I watch those same channels via the watch.vaders.tv website, they stream perfectly with no stuttering.  I have been using the m3u file with NextPVR for over a year, and have had no problems like this up until today, and nothing else has changed in my setup.  Curiously, the main US networks seem unaffected, and still stream fine in NextPVR.  Please let me know what's going on with the UK channels, and why I can't receive them properly at present through my m3u file.  I'm located in California.  Thank you.

P.S.  When I say "All day Thursday 3rd", that's my time here in California.  I've been able to establish that the problem started sometime between 5am and 10am Pacific (1pm and 6pm UK time).  The 1pm BBC News recorded fine, whereas the 6pm news did not.
Same problems still continuing here on Friday 4th.   Main UK channels via the m3u file are terrible.  The Irish amd US channels seem to be OK.
(01-04-2019, 06:42 PM)Galaxy Wrote: Same problems still continuing here on Friday 4th.   Main UK channels via the m3u file are terrible.  The Irish amd US channels seem to be OK.

from telegram account 

Having issues with 1 server which is causing the ongoing buffering for some clients, especially those in the west coast of North America, We're trying to identify how to proceed with minimum outage. Thanks for your patience
(01-05-2019, 05:35 PM)mrchids Wrote: from telegram account 

Having issues with 1 server which is causing the ongoing buffering for some clients, especially those in the west coast of North America, We're trying to identify how to proceed with minimum outage. Thanks for your patience

Thank you.  What is "telegram account"?  Is there somewhere else I could look to see current system status?
(01-05-2019, 05:35 PM)rchids Wrote: from telegram account 

In another thread, someone mentioned that the option to select which server your account uses is still available in the Vaders APK, even though it is no longer an option on the Vaders website.  I verified that I was still getting the stuttering problem on the UK streams through the m3u file (in both Roku and NextPVR on my PC), and I was.  Then, since I have the Vaders APK installed on my Android box, I opened that, went to Settings / Servers, and ascertained that my account was currently connected to a server called NYC3.  I'm not sure why that was so - I have certainly never selected that server myself.  Anyway, I changed to a server called USWEST (which seemed more appropriate for my location here in California), and then checked the m3u streams again.  Amazingly the stuttering problem has cleared up completely.  So, it does seem to be a server-specific problem, and my advice if you are suffering from stuttering / unwatchable streams would be to switch to a different server via the Vaders APK.
(01-05-2019, 07:22 PM)Galaxy Wrote:
(01-05-2019, 05:35 PM)mrchids Wrote: from telegram account 

Thank you.  What is "telegram account"?  Is there somewhere else I could look to see current system status?

install telegram app on your phone.

https://t.me/VaderStreams

join this channel

Mike
(01-06-2019, 11:01 AM)mrchids Wrote: install telegram app on your phone.

join this channel

Mike

Thanks, Mike.  I've never heard of the Telegram app before.  However, I have now installed it, and joined the Vader Streams Live Updates channel as you suggested.  Hopefully they will be a little more communicative through that than they seem to be on this board!
(01-06-2019, 08:01 PM)Galaxy Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 11:01 AM)mrchids Wrote: install telegram app on your phone.

join this channel

Mike

Thanks, Mike.  I've never heard of the Telegram app before.  However, I have now installed it, and joined the Vader Streams Live Updates channel as you suggested.  Hopefully they will be a little more communicative through that than they seem to be on this board!

Not much though lol

If i watch on watch.vaders.tv the streams are fine . although strangely about a minute behind the m3u link. (which stutters)

Mike